Drop Everything You’re Doing and Make a Beeline to The Bee
As a non-profit organization, Podium is required to work tirelessly to produce a well-oiled and productive, creative program, for Richmond’s local youth. One of the ways Podium has done this is through fundraising, and with constant creative executions, the results are always awesome!
Every year, Podium puts on The Annual Awesome Adult Spelling Bee which brings together the Richmond business community while simultaneously benefitting students around Richmond.
Here’s why everyone’s buzzing about the bee:
- Networking: Everyone wants an opportunity to mingle and connect with others around the community. Ever wanted to link up with someone from Richmond BizSense or Richmond Magazine? Now’s your chance!
- Food and BEE-r: Although we won’t be serving honey comb or nectar, there will be other tasty treats to feed your cravings. Don’t miss out on snacks from Secret Sandwich Society, Fire Birds, Stone Brewing Company, and more!
- Prove Yourself: Reassure the 6th grade teacher that gave you an F on your spelling test, that you can, in fact, spell the word “hippopotamus.”
- The Great Feeling of Giving Back: While there’s no guarantee that you will win, you’ll still walk away feeling like a winner, due to the support you gave to such an important cause.
- Convenient Comebacks: Now next time someone cracks a joke about your ugly tie, you can come back with “Remember that time you spelled “tie” with a “y.””
- Show Your Boss Who’s Boss: winner gets the corner office and a raise! (just kidding, but bragging rights are just as satisfying, right?)
- You’re More Than Your Spellcheck: BREAK UP WITH IT. The Bee is the perfect opportunity to show that you can do better.
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: All competitiveness aside, you know that team bonding makes your heart all warm and fuzzy, and a team of three is always better than a team of one.